Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Loving from a Distance

So close, but so far away. That is how I have been feeling for the last ten days or so. I have been sick with bronchial problems and just today diagnosed with acute bronchitis . Not wanting to pass my germs on to others I have tried to stay a healthy distance away from others. There have been a few special family occasions within the last ten days that I did not want not miss. I allowed myself to attend taking extra care to not pass my germs along to others. This meant no close contact with my grandchildren. I don't even know how to describe what that has felt like but I will try.

I think I have realized the deep connection between the feelings of love and affection for my grandchildren and the use of physical touch of hugs and kisses to help express those feelings. While I have been sick, seeing my grandchildren and feeling the deep emotions of love and affection for them......and not be able to express it through touch. It somehow made my love for them even greater. There they were, so close, but so far away.

I know that once I am feeling better I will have a better appreciation for my health. I will also have a much better appreciation for the closeness I am able to enjoy with my nine grandchildren. I look forward to the unlimited supply of healthy hugs and squeezes that we all have in store for one another.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I know how you feel about loving those hugs and kisses. I cannot imagine life without my granddaughters. They bring me so much joy! Courtney loves me to the moon and back every time she sees me. Get well soon!