Thursday, July 2, 2009

4th of July Gift Boxes





I created these small gift boxes for my nine grandchildren for the 4th of July. I found the boxes in the dollar store "Dollar Tree" in the wedding section. They were 12 for a $1. They are solid white and they could be used for any occasion or holiday by adding your own decor to them.

I decorated the boxes using patriotic stickers that I found in a Michael's Craft Store. The stickers were adorable and a great price. The book had 316 stickers for just .70 cents! The regular price was only $1 which is still a great price.

I also like getting the small white bottles of bubbles from the same section of the dollar store. They are 9 for a $1. I added a patriotic sticker and they became a 4th of July party favor for the small gift boxes. The boxes are a perfect size for a few goodies and favors. These boxes were filled with candy, party poppers, a light stick, a bottle of bubbles, and a red, white, and blue tinsel necklace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! More wonderful, cheap ideas to have fun with the grandkids.

Thank you so much for sharing all your thoughts and ideas. Recently our whole family(husband, 3 children & spouses, 8 grandchilren and my Mom) went to the beach for a week. While there I had a "Nana campout". Not on the beach because some of the grandkids are too little but we pitched a tent on the screened in back porch of the house. We did crafts, took a night walk on the beach to see the crabs and the stars, made s'mores and Nana and 5 of the 8 grandchildren(ages 8, 6, 4 and 2 - 2yrs. old)slept in the tent. What a wonderful time we had!!!!

Thanks again for sharing your ideas with all of us!!!!
Gail in GA