Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Gift of Nature

I heard on the TV today that research has shown that time spent in nature is good for your brain. Those who spent time in nature or looked at nature pictures for one hour before testing scored 20 percent higher. Those who spent time outdoors on city streets showed no improvement.

The world that God created for us to live in is amazing. He thought of everything for us! So all of those camping trips, visits to the mountain cabin, the sites of waterfalls, streams, the ocean, and lakes, evening programs with the Park Rangers, the canyons, snow trips, watching for wildlife, and the family hikes they do more for our families than create wonderful memories, and good family fun. Who knew?

2 comments:

Gail said...

I don't remember how I found your blog but I love it. I love your family camp-outs and summer camps. I love making memories with my grandchildren, too. I have 8 grandchildren and another one on the way. (Ages 8, almost 6, 2 that are 4, 3 that are 2 and a 2 month old). Only 3 live close to me but I'm looking forward to having lots more fun times with all of them. And I will probably use some of your ideas, if thats OK. Keep up the good work!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!

Grandma Shelley said...

Of course it is okay to use my ideas! I have nine grandchildren with the oldest being nine and the youngest just turned one. None on the way at the time but planning a July wedding for my youngest daughter. More grandchildren to come....I am sure.

Please visit again. I'm not posting too much right now with all of the wedding details on my plate.

Happy Mother's Day to you too!