Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Boost Immune System and Go!

My daughter's family has been sick for a week. High fevers, vomiting, sore throats, body aches, severe coughing, and sleepless nights. She had managed to stay well to take care of her husband and four children until it caught her too. Things quickly turn from bad to worse when the mom gets sick too. Reinforcement was needed! 

They didn't want to ask for help because they knew it was highly contagious. Despite the risk, they needed outside help badly. I gladly offered my help and they accepted.  I have always been very lucky in that I can take care of sick people and not catch it. (I just knocked on wood, just in case my luck in running out.)

In preparation for my day of active duty in the trenches of coughs, runny noses, fevers, body aches, sore throats, and vomiting I did all I could do to boost my immune system before going. I had  a tall glass of orange juice with a high protein breakfast. I boosted my immune system with a multi-vitamin, Vitamin C, Zinc, and a heavy dose of Echinacea before leaving home. When  I got home for the day I added a "nap" ...  for an added boost to my immune system of course!

Although everyone was sick, it was nice to see my daughter able to rest and to take care of herself. The kids were very sweet. They were good at taking turns with "grandma" as I honored their requests to rub their feet, tickle their backs, fill their sippy cups,  and to adjust their blankets and pillows.

I'm going to go visit my vitamin cabinet again before bedtime and wash them all down with another tall glass of OJ!  I'll keep you posted on my how my string of luck is going.

No comments: